Lemony Snicket; Seth (Illustrator)
CRITICS HAVE SAID
- “Full of Snicket’s trademark droll humor and maddeningly open-ended, this will have readers clamoring for volume two.” – Publisher
- “[With] gothic wackiness, linguistic play and literary allusions….Fans of the Series of Unfortunate Events will be in heaven picking out tidbit references to the tridecalogy, but readers who’ve yet to delve into that well of sadness will have no problem enjoying this weird and witty yarn.” – Kirkus Reviews
- “Please, it’s Lemony Snicket. Enough said.” – Booklist
- “Maltese Falcon -esque plot, which pivots around a missing statue, has more twists than a soft-serve ice cream cone. And young Lemony’s descriptions of the people he meets are hard-boiled enough to make Philip Marlowe proud_However, this book is no mere exercise in genre spoofing; this is, after all, a Lemony Snicket novel. That means you get a delightfully eccentric supporting cast_snarkily dry humor_and unapologetic blasts of absurdity.” – The New York Times Book Review
IF YOU LOVE THIS BOOK, THEN TRY:
- Creech, Sharon. The Great Unexpected. HarperCollins, 2012.
- Gidwitz, Adam. In a Glass Grimmly. Dutton Juvenile, 2012.
- Snicket, Lemony. The Bad Beginning. HarperCollins, 1999.
- Snicket, Lemony. The Reptile Room. HarperCollins, 1999.